Frequently Asked Questions
Please note that Progressive Medical Care does not have any financial benefits by having Labcorp available at the clinic. If you have any Lab-related questions, please Call Labcorp 240-252-6967.
Yes, for our patient’s convenience, we have made arrangements with Labcorp to draw at the clinic. The LabCorp is located in our old office (18566 Office Park Drive) and their business hours are as follow
- Monday to Friday: 9 am to 4:30 pm
- Saturday: 9 am to 1:00 pm
If you do not have health insurance and need to see the doctor. We offer following programs for self-pay patients
- Subsidized rate for the office visit, please call for more information.
- We also offer convenient Payment plans.
You should bring the following items at a visit:
i) Write down all the questions and concerns and discuss with the Doctor.
ii) List of Prescription medications, OTC medications, Vitamins, and herbal drugs.
iv) Medical Record from previous doctors and hospitals.
v) Insurance and Photo ID Card/Cards: If your insurance assigned a specific Primary Care Provider (PCP), then call and change PCP to Progressive Medical Care or Dr Tehseen Naqvi
If you have billing related question, please review your payment history on Patient Portal. If you still have a question, please call the Billing Department by calling 301-769-6640, Ext. 106.
We encourage all the patients to review the following topics carefully to make our patients visit a pleasant experience.
i) If you are a new patient, please download and print a copy of the forms from the website . Please fill it out and bring it with you to our office for your first visit. Also, print and sign the office policy, HIPPA policies and Patient Registration form and bring with you.
ii) A list of your prescription medications, OTC medications, vitamins, and other supplements.
iii) Please bring your medical record with you. If you do not have a medical record, we will contact your previous physician and obtain them.
iv) Bring Driver’s license or other picture ID and Insurance cards
v) At the time check-in, please update any change in your address, email, telephone numbers, and insurance.
vi) Please arrive at least 10 to 15 minutes before your appointment time.
vii) If your insurance company requires to change the Primary Care Provider (PCP) before your first appointment. Please contact your insurance company to change the PCP on your insurance record to Progressive Medical Care or Dr Tehseen Naqvi.
You need to make an appointment for referrals. Our referral department will issue you a Referral Letter within 48 business hours and make it available for you on Patient Portal. If you have post due balance, we will request you make payment before issuing you a referral letter.
Please note that we see patients by appointment only. You can make an appointment by:
- Online: please click on following link 24/7 and make an appointment. Click here
- Please send us a message by visiting our website www.progressivemedicalcare.com
- Call Us at 301-769-6640.
Same-Day Appointment: To take care of the urgent need of our patients, we allocate a limited number of same-day appointments available. Please make an appointment as early as possible because these slots fill up very quickly.
We see patients by appointment only. You can make an appointment either by calling the office at 301-769-6640 during business hours or by emailing us at Email Address or by registering through at the Patient Portal
To take care of the urgent need of registered patients, we have a limited number of same-day appointments available. Call early in the day, as these spots fill up quickly.
We take most insurance carriers; the following are a few examples. Please call at 301-769-6640 to verify.
- Amerigroup (b) Medstar Family Choice (c) Maryland Physician Care (d) United Healthcare Community Plan (e) Aetna Better Health of Maryland
Medicare Part B
Commercial Insurance: We accept most commercial insurances, following are a few examples. If you do not see your insurance, please contact our office at 301-769-6640.
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Care First-Blue Cross Blue Shield
Disability & Auto Insurances
John Hopkins Healthcare
Medicare Part B
National Postal Mail Handlers Union (NPMHU)
United Health Care
You should bring following:
1) Official Picture ID
2) Insurance Card
3) Medical Record from previous doctors and hospitals.
4) List of Prescription medications, OTC medications, Vitamins and herbal drugs.
5) Write down all the questions and concerns, so you do not forget during history.
6) If yours insurance assigned a specific Primary Care Provider (PCP), than call and PCP to Progressive Medical Care/Dr. Tehseen Naqvi
7) Please click Form link form the top menu and bring completed forms at your appointment.
If you have a billing-related, payment plan, and Collection call, please call during business hours at 301-769-6640, press option # 5.
Some insurance companies require that you change the name of your Primary Care Provider (PCP) before your first appointment. Please contact your insurance company to change the PCP on your insurance record to Progressive Medical Care or Dr. Tehseen Naqvi.
Please note that Medicaid requires this change. Bring all insurance documents regarding the change with you to our office. If the change is not made, you will be required to pay for the appointment.
Please bring with you to the office: Please arrive at least 10 to 15 minutes before your appointment time.
• Driver’s license or other picture ID
• Insurance card
• Your medical records, if you have them. If not, we will contact your previous physician and obtain them.
• A list of your prescription medications, OTC medications, vitamins and other supplements. If you prefer, you may bring your medications with you.
There is a registration form at our website, www.Progressivemedicalcare.com. Download and print a copy of the form. Fill it out and bring it with you to our office for your first visit. Also, print our privacy policies and bring a signed copy with you.
We take prescription refills request only from pharmacies or PHR messages. Please review the following guidelines
• Prescriptions will not be filled if you have an overdue balance on your account. Please call the office at 301-769-6640.
• To avoid error, we electronically transmit your prescription to your pharmacy. Please provide us with correct and complete pharmacy information to prevent confusion and wastage of time. You can also review the prescriptions on Patient Portal.
• We will not issue refill if you have not seen by our Providers for more than six months.
• No prescription by another physician will be filled without an office visit and examination by our physician.
• No narcotic or antibiotic will be prescribed without an office visit and examination by our physician.
• Please allow 48 business hours to process your prescription. After 48 hours, call your pharmacy or view of Patient Portal to make sure your prescription has transmitted to the pharmacy and ready for ready for pick up.
For your convenience, you can make payment
- Credit cards (Visa, Master Card, and Discover Card). Please note that there is a $2.00 credit card processing charge.
If you need to reschedule/cancel your appointment. Please give us 48 business hours to avoid $50 no show fee. You can reschedule/cancel an appointment by calling at 301-769-6640 during the business hour or and by using Patient Portal.
If you are an existing patient and are not sign up to the Patient Portal. Please visit the https://health.healow.com/Progressivemed link and follow the sign-up instruction.
The Patient Portal (also known as Personal Health Record or PHR) empowers users to stay informed about your healthcare. By using the PHR feature, you can access your past and current health records in a secure and user-friendly environment. PHR also gives you the ability to record, track and store your important health information at your convenience.
Register today for informed and preventive healthcare. The online scheduling feature in PHR provides you a high level of care by shortening your registration and wait time, eliminating exhaustion due to travel, and saving valuable time and money. Health records, including assessments, medications, allergies, immunizations and procedures, are all recorded and maintained in the PHR.
PHR also equips you with the capability to interact with your doctor; access your lab reports from the comfort of your home, along with your physician’s comments about your test results.